KUTZTOWN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
Board of Directors Meeting
Monday, November 6, 2006, 7:30 p.m.
The Board of Directors of Kutztown Area School District met for the workshop board meeting on Monday, November 6, 2006, 7:30 p.m., at the Greenwich Elementary School pursuant to due notice to board members and the public.
Absent Chelsea Lenhart-Student Representative
Also Dr. Brenda Winkler, Superintendent, Joseph Pugliese-Board Treasurer, Gretchen Diehl-
Present Board Secretary, Nick Lazo, Lu Palmer, Eric Erb, Lorraine Felker, Matt Smith, Jim Orwig, Peter Miller, Tom Green, Barbara Richard, Dennis Seaman, Karen Austin, Leslee Saylor, Melissa Blatt, Shauna Oswald, Pam Ashman, Alyssa Raifsnider, Joann Buffum, Donna Hill-Chaney, Vickie Bastian, Cynthia Copeland, Terry Guers, Diane Haring, Mary Paterno, Karen Quillman, Nancy Bowman, Karen Neas, Kathy Daneshyar, John Noll, Josh Chambers, Rebecca Ziegler, Meredith DeVere, Barbara Madea, Kathy Mannai, Donna Keglovits, Jane Venkauskas, Marta Schunk, Ann Dietrich, Lori Arndt, Brenda Loeb, Kay Fritz, Rita Schwalm, Jessica Almond, Kevin Fretz, Bonnie Treadway, Cheryl Funk, Sallie Sandler, Shannon Sunday, Claire Kempes, Tom Campbell, Dr. Mary Ann O’Neil, Shelby Brett, Betty Imboden, Dave Kenny, Lynmarie Schroeder, Andrea Sanders, Kerri Schegan, Jessie Hess, Lou Cottone, Jeff Collier, Brenda Boyer
Welcome President Vymazal welcomed guests and opened the meeting with a moment of silence and Pledge of Allegiance to the flag. He asked that everyone sign the attendance book and mark their concern next to their name. He requested that anyone wishing to speak on an agenda item please raise his/her hand to be recognized. This meeting was tape-recorded.
Executive Motion made by Dennis Ritter, seconded by Kay Churchman to have the board meet
Session for an executive session to discuss negotiations at 7:42 pm.
Motion carried unanimously.
The board reconvened at 8:45 p.m.
Fact Finders Motion made by Dennis Ritter, seconded by William Yurvati, to accept the attached fact
Personnel Motion made by Patricia Bealer, seconded by Kay Churchman, to approve the following
1. Approval to grant tenure to Michenelle Groller effective November 6, 2006 due to completion of 3 years of teaching and fulfillment of all requirements for tenure.
2. Approval of the child rearing and family medical leave for Jennifer Youndt commencing on December 7, 2006 or the expiration of approved, applicable sick and personal leave. Ms. Youndt’s absence is planned from November 28, 2006 through June 6, 2007.
3. Approval of Denice Coles to take .5 day without pay on November 22, 2006 due to an extended personal trip.
4. Approval of an additional full-time student-assigned aide for a new student per the child’s IEP.
5. Approval of Ann Sullivan as full-time certified student-assigned aide effective November 13, 2006 at a rate of $10.05 per hour.
6. Approval of the following Krapf bus/van drivers for School Year 2006-2007:
Jay Wetzel Robert Butcavage Dennis Graver
Mary Wagner Dimas Martinez Deb Chambers
Peggy Weil Mark George William Hanthorn
Daryll Reich Maggie Schearer Jacob Feist
Victoria Foscone Randy Crossley Scott Trate
7. Ratification of the following personnel as substitute teachers effective October 17, 2006 for School Year 2006-2007 at the substitute rate of $93 per day, days 1-20, $103 per day thereafter:
Helene Quaintance Elementary DeSales University
Shannon Langer Elementary Indiana University of PA
Andrea Salsano Elementary/Early Childhd Kutztown University
Nancy Runyon Guest Teacher West Chester/East Stroudsburg U
Bonnie Rohde Guest Teacher Albright/St. Joseph’s/Lincoln Tech
Donna McGrath Guest Teacher East Stroudsburg University
Tammy Haring Elementary Indiana University of PA
Deborah Kenney Elementary Kutztown University
Debra Bugera Special Education/Elem Kutztown University
8. Ratification of Helene Quaintance as a substitute aide effective October 17, 2006 for School Year 2006-2007 at the substitute rate of $8.80 per hour.
9. Approval of Debra Bugera as a substitute aide effective November 7, 2006 for School Year 2006-2007 at the substitute rate of $8.80 per hour.
10. Approval of W. Scott Overley, Jr. as substitute custodian effective November 7, 2006 at the current substitute custodian rate of $8.80 per hour.
11. Approval to appoint Attorney Jeffrey Tucker as Special Counsel.
All Personnel Are Approved Pending the District’s Receipt of All Mandated Credentials.
Conference Motion made by William Yurvati, seconded by Daniel Walter, to approve the following
Requests conference requests:
Equipment Motion made by Patricia Bealer, seconded by Daniel Walter, to grant permission to
Senior Class Motion made by Patricia Bealer, seconded by Dale Reppert, to approve a senior class
Assessment Motion made by Patricia Bealer, seconded by Dennis Ritter, to approve the request of
Public Comment Lou Cottone – Thank you to the board for cordial negotiation process.
Discussion Items Charter School Costs
High School Facilities
AEM Architect Motion made by Alan Darion, seconded by Carl Ziegler, to approve the proposal from
Mrs. Bealer left at 9:15 p.m.
Discussion Items cont.
State Police Risk and Vulnerability Assessment
Tax Study Commission/Act 1
Adjournment Motion made by William Yurvati, seconded by Kay Churchman to adjourn the meeting at
Motion. carried unanimously.
Respectfully submitted by,
Gretchen A. Diehl
School Board Secretary