KUTZTOWN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
Board of Directors Meeting
Monday, June 6, 2005, 7:30 p.m.
The Board of Directors of Kutztown Area School District met for the workshop board meeting on Monday, June 6, 2005, 7:30 p.m., at the Kutztown Area Senior High School Library pursuant to due notice to board members and the public.
Absent Kent Dahlquist, James Kramer, Tyler Loeb-Student Representative
Also Dr. Brenda Winkler, Superintendent, Joe Pugliese-Board Treasurer, Gretchen Diehl- Board
Present Secretary, Lu Palmer, Eric Erb, Lorraine Felker, Matt Smith, Tom Green, Barb Richard, Sheryl Snyder, Mick Oï¿½Neil, Mike Trask-Reading Eagle, Thomas Loch, Laurie Lynch, Marina Lynch, Tyonia Seng, Judy Seng, Tina Schaeffer, Pat Conrad, Beverly Burleigh, Barb Weston
Welcome President Vymazal welcomed guests and opened the meeting with a moment of silence and Pledge of Allegiance to the flag. He asked that everyone sign the attendance book and mark their concern next to their name. He requested that anyone wishing to speak on an agenda item please raise his/her hand to be recognized. This meeting was tape-recorded.
Executive Motion made by Dennis Ritter, seconded by Patricia Bealer to have the board meet
Session for an executive session to discuss a legal matter at 7:46 p.m.
Motion carried unanimously.
The board reconvened at 8:32 p.m.
Mr. Ritter left at 8:32 p.m.
Personnel Motion made by Patricia Bealer, seconded by William Yurvati, to approve the following
1. Acceptance of the resignation, of Michele Fragnito, elementary principal, effective July 22, 2005.
2. Acceptance of the resignation, due to retirement, of Celeste Brown, elementary principal, effective August 1, 2005.
3. Acceptance of the resignation, due to retirement, of Christine Dougherty, business education teacher, effective after the 22nd day of School Year 2005-2006, currently September 28, 2005.
4. Acceptance of the resignation, of Drew Krapf, high school computer lab aide, effective June 14, 2005.
5. Permission to hire a special education department secretary with ratification at a future board meeting.
6. Approval of Brandy Faust as an aide for the 2005 Extended School Year program for 2.5 hours per day at her current hourly rate.
7. Approval of Buddy Balik as head custodian effective June 7, 2005 at a rate of $11.00 per hour.
8. Permission to hire 2 individuals for summer maintenance positions due to increased workload during the summer months with ratification at a future board meeting.
9. Approval of Jared Diehl as Head Coach of Boys Soccer for School Year 2005-2006 at a salary of $4,872.
10. Approval of Scott Hieter as Head Coach of Boys Basketball for School Year 2005-2006 at a salary of $5,402.
11. Permission to hire a Head Coach for Girls Basketball for School Year 2005-2006 with ratification at a future board meeting.
12. Ratification of the following substitute teachers effective May 17, 2005 for School Year 2004-2005 at the current substitute teacher rate:
Gail Grill Library Science Kutztown University
Susan Christie Spanish Lehigh County Comm. College
13. Approval of the following list of Krapf drivers for School Year 2004-2005.
George Seeburger Kevin Kelley Roderick Sutliff
14. Approval of the following list of Kutztown Area School District Bus and Van Drivers for School Year 2005-2006:
William Greenawald Tessie Adam Nancy Peters
Shane Ritzman Titus Miller, III Leroy Merkel
Patricia Kehl Salvalyne Barrett David Loeb
Rick Haag M. Barbara Hottenstein
All Personnel Are Approved Pending the DistrictÕs Receipt of All Mandated Credentials.
Mr. Ritter returned at 8:36 p.m.
Conference Motion made by Carl Ziegler, seconded by William Yurvati, to approve the conference
Requests request for Matt Smith to attend the Teaching and Learning Conference to be held June 24-
28, 2005 in Atlanta, GA at a cost of $1895.00.
Motion made by William Yurvati, seconded by Dennis Ritter, to approve the conference request for Louise Sholedice to attend the 2005 Keystone State Reading Conference to be held October 16-18, 2005 in Hershey, PA at a cost of $633.70.
Motions were not made on agenda items for Lisa SabyÕs and Toni KollerÕs conference
2005 Summer Motion made by William Yurvati, seconded by Patricia Bealer, to approve the attached
School Bus 2005 Summer School Bus Routes.
2005-2006 Motion made by Carl Ziegler, seconded by Dennis Ritter, to approve the attached 2005-2006
Support Staff support staff salaries.
Motion made by Patricia Bealer, seconded by Dennis Ritter, to table the above motion until next meeting in order for the administration to provide more information.
Public Comment Pat Conrad – GirlsÕ Basketball Coach position
Beverly Burliegh – Albany Kindergarten student bussing to Greenwich
The board expressed their heartfelt congratulations to Celeste Brown and Michele
Fragnito for a job well done. Thank you for your many years of service.
Discussion Items: Bus Driver Resolution
Adjournment Motion made by Carl Ziegler, seconded by William Yurvati, to adjourn the meeting at
Motion carried unanimously.
Respectfully submitted by,
Gretchen A. Diehl
School Board Secretary