Steps to Enroll
Kutztown Area School District welcomes you to our community! We are committed to providing a quality education for all of our students.
For your convenience, Kutztown Area School District uses a digital enrollment platform. The first step to start the enrollment process, is to fill out the Pre-Registration Form. To access the Pre-Registration Form, you can click on this link or type kasd.org/enroll into your browser URL bar. This will need to be done for each student (including current year kindergartners) enrolling in the district.
After you complete the Pre-Registration Form, you will receive an email with your account information that will allow you to access KASD’s student information system to finish the rest of the enrollment process.
If you are unable to access the form, do not have access to a computer or smart phone, or have any questions, please reach out to Teresa Merkel. She can be emailed at email@example.com, or called at 484-641-5533.
To help prepare you for what will be asked during the enrollment process, please have on hand the following paperwork when applicable:
- Proof of Age: Acceptable documentation includes one (1) of the following: birth certificate; baptismal certificate; transcript of the record of baptism duly certified and showing the date of birth; notarized statement from the parent/guardian indicating date of birth; duly attested transcript of the birth certificate; or duly certified transcript of birth.
- Immunization Record or Medical Exemption form
- TWO Proof of Residency documents: Acceptable documentation includes two (2) of the following: Mortgage agreement; rent payment receipts or lease; property tax payment receipts; utility bill with current address; paycheck stub with employer and employee’s address; current voter registration; PA driver’s license; PA vehicle registration
- Most Recent Report Card/Transcript: From previous school (unless registering for kindergarten).
- Most Recent School Info: Previous school’s address, phone number, fax number, or email address
- Custody Agreement (if applicable)
- Special Education Paperwork: If your child received special education services in his/her previous district, please provide a copy of your child’s most recent IEP (Individualized Education Plan), NOREP (Notice of Recommended Educational Placement), and most recent ER (Evaluation Report).
If you are currently a resident of KASD and are moving out of the area, you will need to withdraw your child from our school district. Please go to your child’s building office to fill out and sign a withdrawal form.
Change of Address Procedure (Moving within the district)
If you are currently a resident of KASD and are relocating within the district, you will need to officially change your address with Central Registration in the Administration Office.
You will need to submit TWO Proofs of Residency documents and a Residency Affidavit.
(See Central Registration information above for acceptable documents)
Please contact Teresa Merkel at 484-641-5533, for the proper paperwork.