District Goals 2016-2017
- Increase enrollment in Advanced Placement and Honors level courses by 10%.
- All students achieve at least one year’s growth, based on Pennsylvania Value Added Assessment System (PVAAS), in the area of ELA, mathematics, and science.
- Increase student participation in extracurricular activities, co-curricular activities, clubs, internships, or partnerships by 10% across all grades.
- Perform a line item analysis of all accounts to seek financial efficiencies resulting in a tax increase that is less than index.
- Develop a 5-year projection that aligns instructional need with naturally occurring staffing efficiencies.
- Perform an efficiency audit to lower energy expenses in our buildings.
- Continue our efforts to use district financial resources efficiently. This includes restructuring positions where possible, evaluating contract proposals based on quality of service and cost, and pursuing additional partnerships to provide efficient services.
Innovative Teaching & Learning
- All courses (except electives) have a written curriculum, published on the school district website for the community.
- Develop a district-wide differentiated professional learning model for staff with the intent of delivery for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Develop and implement instructional models for blended learning across all grade levels and content areas.
- Develop and transition to the new school district website (Schoolwires) as a hub of communication for the school district. By the end of the 2016-2017 school year, every teacher and administrator will have an informative and useful website for our stakeholders.
- Develop and transition to the new learning management system (Canvas) as a tool of instruction for our students.