Kutztown Area School District 2023-2024 Kindergarten Registration
Please contact Teresa Merkel at (610) 683-7361 ext. 5533 for information regarding registration.
If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.
Our Kindergarten program is designed to transition our students into the school environment and provide them with age appropriate experiences that enhance their creativity, curiosity, and collaboration. The balanced approach to early learning in our classrooms arrive at the intersection of exploration and deep thinking.
The classes in our elementary program are unique providing flexible learning environments, personalized learning, physical activation, and integrated arts programs. We utilize every space on our campus, indoor and outdoor, as learning centers.
Students engage daily in special subjects such as: art, music, physical education, library, and in the Innovation and Design Studio.
A child is eligible for admission to kindergarten if s/he has attained the age of five (5) years and no months old prior to September 1st.
Children may be recommended for early admission to Kindergarten or grade one if the following criteria are met:
- Early admission requests must be submitted by May 1. Families that have established residency after the May 1st deadline may still apply for early admission, but must apply within thirty (30) calendar days of establishing residency within the district.
- The Superintendent may waive the application deadline, provided there is enough time to complete the evaluation prior to the start of the school year.
- The child must be six (6) years old for first grade and five (5) years old for Kindergarten prior to October 1st to be eligible for early admission.
- The requests must be submitted to the Student Services Office in writing.
- The child is recommended for early admission based on criteria established by the Kutztown Area School District.
- Results of early admission testing are final. There is no appeal.