Kindergarten School Health: Required Kindergarten Documents
WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN!
The Following are needed for all New Kindergarten Students Prior to Beginning School:
1. Immunization Records
Proof of Immunization must be presented at the time of registration.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU PROVIDE A COPY OF THE IMMUNIZATION RECORDS AND KEEP A COPY FOR YOUR FAMILY HEALTH RECORDS.
Pennsylvania state law requires that all children must have the following immunizations before they may ENTER school.
- DIPTHERIA AND TETANUS: 4 or more properly spaced doses of DTP, DtaP, Td or DT, or any combination of the three with 1 dose administered on or after the fourth birthday.
- POLIO: 3 or more properly spaced doses of polio vaccine.
- MEASLES (Rubeola): 2 properly spaced doses of measles vaccine (preferably MMR) with the first dose administered at 12 months or older.
- GERMAN MEASLES (Rubella): 1 dose of rubella (preferably MMR) administered at 12 months or older.
- MUMPS: 2 doses of mumps (preferably MMR) administered at 12 months or older.
- HEPATITIS B: 3 properly spaced doses of hepatitis B vaccine.
- VARICELLA (Chicken Pox): 2 doses of varicella administered at 12 months or older, laboratory evidence of the disease or signed immunity statement.
- Children can not be registered for kindergarten unless they have a minimum of 1 DT, 1 polio, 1 measles, 1 German measles, 1 mumps, 1 hepatitis B, and 1 varicella or proof of immunity. Children can only enter school provisionally until they have received 4 DT’s, 3 polio, 2 measles, 1 German measles, 2 mumps, 3 hepatitis B, and 2 varicella or proof of immunity.
NOTE: Children who are considered to be provisional should receive additional immunizations over the summer, prior to the start of the school year. Parents are asked to furnish proof of all immunizations at time of registration and after receiving any additional immunizations
2. By state mandate, all kindergarten children must have a physical examination.
Click to download form: PA School Health Exam Form
3. By state mandate, all kindergarten children must have a dental examination.
Click to download form: Dental Exam Report Form
4. Kutztown Area School District Confidential Health History Form (provided in Kindergarten Registration packet): Form also attached in "related files" below.
5. Kutztown Area School District Health Services Annual Emergency Form (provided in Kindergarten Registration packet): Form also attached in "related files"below.
Children have accidents, don't make it to the bathroom and sprinkle themselves, fall in puddles, spill food and generally get messy so:
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD (grades K-2)
HAS A ZIPLOCK BAG OF EXTRA CLOTHING FOR ACCIDENTS AT ALL TIMES:
include underwear, shirt, pants, and socks.
*Children who have bowel movement accidents will need to be picked up.