College Application Procedures for Seniors
1. Complete a Student Record/Transcript Release Form from the Guidance Office or available below.
2. Decide if you would like a teacher or employer to write a letter of recommendation on your behalf. Ask them if they would be comfortable writing one. Fill out the KAHS Letter of Recommendation Worksheet and deliver it to your recommender so that person can write the best letter of recomendation for you. Agree on a date when they will have the recomendation submitted online or delivered to the Guidance Office.
3. Inform the Guidance Department of who will be writing letters or recommendation and by what date the letter will be submitted online or given to the Guidance Office.
4. Request a letter of recommendation from your school counselor using the KAHS School Counselor Recommendation Request. Many colleges and scholarships require that you submit a letter of recommendation from your school counselor.
5. Fill out your application forms as neatly and completely as possible or complete applications online. If applying online, Notify the Guidance Office when you have submitted an application online. Please note: our CEEB School Code is 392075. Have someone proofread your essay.
6. Complete all information requested on the application. Download any necessary forms such as the school report or teacher recommendation form.
7. Make your application fee payment online.
8. Inform the Guidance Office when you have submitted your application.
9. Double check to see if any supplemental materials need to be uploaded or mailed by the school (transcripts, letters, etc.).
10. Consider application services to consolidate your application (Common Application, Send.edu)
11. Material requests received in the Guidance Office prior to November 15, can be processed within one week. Requests received after that time may require additional processing time.
12. Keep track of your college application requirements by utilizing the KAHS College Application Checklist
***All students who plan to participate in college athletics should see Mr. Yapsuga regarding NCAA Eligibility procedures.
*** The above procedures also apply to students who plan on attending trade/technical school and community college.