COVID-19 Related Leave
WHAT TO DO:
On September 20, 2021 the KASD School Board of Directors enacted Administrative Regulation 334 extending leave in some instances of workplace exposure to COVID-19. An employee may only be eligible for COVID leave if they are strictly following all KASD mitigation efforts while in the workplace. These include but are not limited to:
- Observing proper social distancing while working, eating and collaborating
- Observing masking requirements in place by district or government order
- Practicing other mitigation strategies put in place to reduce risk of transmission
Administrative Regulation 334 - Please Review
Staff who are absent with COVID related illness:
Step 1: When possible see a nurse in the building to inform and receive advice.
Step 2: Enter your absence in Aesop for each day that you are out of the building.
- Type of Absence: Select “Sick”
- Administrative Notes: Enter “COVID related”
- Human Resources will adjust your sick days to COVID leave if you are deemed eligible under AR 334.
Step 3: Communicate with your building administrator (email or phone):
- Substitute Plans in place
- Time frame you think you will be out
Step 4: Communicate back to school nurse, principal and HR as your condition worsens or gets better.
Step 5: Communicate with Christian Temchatin and building principal on when you can return to work.
*Board Policy 335 Family and Medical Leaves