Middle School Program
Art is an experience of expression or application of human creative skills and imagination. Art develops students’ abilities to visually express their experiences. Running an inquiry based art program with student-centered experiences allows students to work through their assignments with self-esteem building, individualization, while taking ownership of their work and “making it real”, relating it to real situations or stories. It makes the connection between the art that people have made in the past and continue to make in the present.
What We Study:
- Doodle, Zentangle, Sketch & Logo Design - 6th, 7th, 8th.
- Poetry and Art: Teaching Art and Literacy Through Poetry - 6th, 7th.
- Textiles: Weaving and Non-Loom Exploration - 6th.
- Color Theory - 6th, 7th, 8th.
- Keith Haring - 6th.
- Nature Exploration/Sketchbook Development - 6th, 7th, 8th.
- Picture Book - 8th.
- Artists & Time Periods: Post Impressionism- Van Gogh; Cubism-Picasso; Surrealism-Dali. - 7th, 8th.
- Cultural Mask Making - 8th.
- The Art of Japan - 7th.
Teacher, Mrs. Kristen Tuerk
Kutztown University Schaeffer/Sharadin Alumni Award Winner