- You must obtain prior approval to attend conferences and workshops. Please download theConference Request Form, complete, and submit to your principal at least two weeks prior to the event.
- Upon your return from a workshop, submit your Employee Expense form to request reimbursements.
- Conferences with expenses over $1000 will need Board approval.
- Not all workshops will be approved for Flex hours. Any professional development for which a teacher is compensated or for which a teacher will use for payscale movement cannot also be used for Flex.
CAREER READINESS FOCUS
Title: Educator in the Workplace
- Date: Schedule the day on your own (contact Stacy Dunleavey @ BCIU)
- Time: Workday
- Location: A Berks County Employer
- Audience: K-12 Teachers
Description: Designed as an opportunity to build capacity andinterest in the summer internship program, this one-day, self-scheduled Educator in the Workplace experience will give educators an opportunity to leave the classroom and spend a day at an industry related to the educator’s content and interests. In addition, educators will join a facilitated online learning cohort with grade band-alike educators from across the county where they will participate in a pre-orientation session, submit a reflection demonstrating how they will integrate new knowledge into lessons and activities and will share curriculum connections with cohort members. Educators will be granted seven (7) Act 48 hours for their participation.
- Date: On Your Own
- Time: You choose!
- Location: Online
- Audience: K-12 Educators
Description: During this six-hour, online, ACT 48 course, teachers will examine state and federal policy
and initiatives that support career education. They will analyze national and regional workforce data and ways to make use of it during student and parent interactions as well as examine examples of career connections in the classroom. Finally, they will have the opportunity to assess and analyze PA Career Education and Work Standards and construct or modify an existing lesson or activity that demonstrates the
integration of a career connection(s).