PSSA and KEYSTONE TESTING
As mandated by the PA Department of Education, the Kutztown Area School District will again participate in the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) program as well as Keystone Exams. The purpose of PSSAs are to assess the achievement levels of all third through eighth grade students in all public school districts in the Commonwealth in the academic areas of English Language Arts, Mathematics, and Science (fourth and eighth grade only). Keystone Exams serve as end of course assessments for Algebra I, Biology, and Literature.
The testing windows are as follows:
- ELA - April 21-23, 2020
- Mathematics - April 28-29, 2020
- Science, Grade 4 - May 5-6, 2020
- Science, Grade 8 - May 5, 2020
- High School Spring Keystones:
- Literature - May 11, 2020
- Algebra - May 12, 2020
- Biology - May 13, 2020
- Middle School Spring Keystones:
- Algebra - May 12, 2020 and May 13, 2020
We ask that parents make every attempt to avoid scheduling appointments for their children during testing dates.
You may access information about state testing from the following links to the Pennsylvania Department of Education's website:
Additional information regarding testing has been included, below. Thank you in advance for your continued support and cooperation.
- Code of Conduct for Test Takers
- Electronic Device Policy
- Calculator Policy
- Information for Parents/Guardians - PSSAs
- Information for Parents/Guardians - Keystones