Central Registration

  • Kutztown Area School District welcomes you to our community!

    We are committed to providing a quality education for all of our students.

    To enroll a new student the parent/guardian must appear in person at the administration office.  Please contact Teresa Merkel to arrange for pick-up of a registration packet (one per child).  

    Upon your initial visit, you will be required to bring the following items with you:

    • Proof of Age:  Original or certified copy of Birth Certificate or Adoption Decree, Certification of Birth Abroad, court order, passport, or similar legal instrument specifying the student’s name, sex, birth date, and parent/guardian’s name(s).
    • Immunization Record or Medical Exemption form 
    • TWO Proof of Residency documents:  Agreement of sale to purchase a home, rental lease agreement, utility bill (electric, cable, home phone/cell phone), change of address verification from the post office, or a letter from the PA Department of Public Welfare. If you are residing in a homeless shelter; please provide a letter from the shelter or agency that is working with you. (We do not accept a driver’s license, car registration, or per capita tax bill.)              
    • Most recent report card/transcript:  from previous school (unless registering for kindergarten).
    • Most recent school info: previous school’s address, phone number, fax number
    • Custody Agreement  (if applicable)
    • Special Education Paperwork:  If your child received special education services in his/her previous district, please provide a copy of your child’s most recent IEP (Individualized Education Plan), NOREP (Notice of Recommended Educational Placement), and most recent ER (Evaluation Report).


  • If you are currently a resident of KASD and are moving out of the area, you will need to withdraw your child from our school district. Please go to your child’s building office to fill out and sign a withdrawal form.



    Change of Address Procedure (Moving within the district)

    If you are currently a resident of KASD and are relocating within the district, you will need to officially change your address with Central Registration in the Administration Office.


    You will need to submit TWO Proofs of Residency documents and a Residency Affidavit.

    (See Central Registration information above for acceptable documents)

    Please contact Teresa Merkel at 610-683-7361, ext. 5533, for the proper paperwork.