First Grade Math
Welcome to our First Grade Math Corner!
Here are several great resources for parents.
- Click here for Eureka Math Tips for Parents, a resource page from the writers of the program.
- How Can I Help My Child Have a Positive Experience in Math? (1:11 video). Click on the title to view this video from the makers of Eureka Math for general tips on helping at home.
- How Can I Approach Homework with My Child's Teacher (2:12 video). Click on the title to view this video for tips from a parent to parents. (Note: Students will begin math homework later in the marking period.)
- From Great Kids!, a website with videos for parents of Eureka Math students. Click here to access this resource.
- Click here for the National PTA's Parent's Guide to Student Success to find out what your kindergarten student will be learning. (Please note, exact content at KASD may differ.)
- Click here to download parent tips sheets on each module from Barrington Public Schools.
- Click here for the Lafayette Public Schools which has an enormous collection of resources just for parents. Be sure to scroll down for videos and module tip sheets. Please note: Lafayette school newsletters may contain information not consistent with KASD.
- Growing Up With Eureka: Scott Baldridge is one of the lead writers and mathematicians for Eureka Math. Click here to view his video blog documents his six-year-old’s journey in learning math.
Please note: KASD is not responsible for any content outside of the KASD website.